- PN: B115581
45x Ab-conjugated beads (S4P2 - Human BMP-2 Ab-bead). PN: B115581A. One vial containing 100 µL of anti-Human BMP-2 conjugated to AimPlex Bead S4P2.
25x Biotin-detection Ab (Human BMP-2 Biotin-dAb). PN: B115581B. One vial containing100 µL of biotinylated anti-Human BMP-2.
Lyophilized Standard Mix-Human Group 8, Panel A, 7-Plex. PN: HG81007. One vial containing lyophilized recombinant BMP-2, BMP-4, IGFBP-3, IGFBP-5, IGFBP-6, TIMP-1, and TIMP-2. Note: If multiple analyte kits on the above target list are ordered as a panel, only one vial of standard mix is supplied for those analyte
STORAGE: 2-8 C in the dark.
IMPORTANT: Sodium azide forms explosive compounds with heavy metals. These products contain <0.05% (w/w) azide which with repeated contact with lead and copper commonly found in plumbing drains may result in the buildup of shock sensitive compounds. Dispose in accordance with regulations from your institute.
APPLICATION: Optimal antibody pair and antigen standard for assaying human BMP-2. Can be multiplexed with other analytes in Human Group 8. To be used in conjunction with the AimPlex NR Basic Kit (PN: P100001) and a diluent kit. Refer to the AimPlex Multiplex Immunoassay User Manual and kit inserts for the assay procedure.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Sample types: Cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, bodily fluid and tissue/cell lysate
Sensitivity (LOD): < 10 pg/mL
LLOQ: < 20 pg/mL
ULOQ: > 10,000 pg/mL
Standard dose recovery: 70-130%
Intra-assay CV: < 10%
Inter-assay CV: < 20%
Cross-reactivity of analytes in Human Group 8: Negligible
Sample volume: 15 µL/test
Bone morphogenetic protein 2, or BMP-2, belongs to the TGF-β superfamily of proteins. BMP-2, like other bone morphogenetic proteins, plays an important role in the development of bone and cartilage. It is involved in the hedgehog pathway, TGF beta signaling pathway, and in cytokine-cytokine receptor interaction. It is involved also in cardiac cell differentiation and epithelial to mesenchymal transition. BMP-2 is an osteoinductive BMP: it has been demonstrated to potently induce osteoblast differentiation in a variety of cell types. Recombinant human protein (rhBMP-2) is currently available for orthopedic usage in the United States. Implantation of BMP-2 in a collagen sponge induces new bone formation and can be used for the treatment of bony defects, delayed union, and non-union. Diseases associated with BMP2 include chromosome 17p duplication and hemochromatosis.
1. Sampath TK, Coughlin JE, Whetstone RM, Banach D, Corbett C, Ridge RJ, Ozkaynak E, Oppermann H, Rueger DC (August 1990). "Bovine osteogenic protein is composed of dimers of OP-1 and BMP-2A, two members of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily". J. Biol. Chem. 265 (22): 13198–205. PMID 2376592.
2. Chen D, Zhao M, Mundy GR (December 2004). "Bone morphogenetic proteins". Growth Factors 22 (4): 233–41. doi:10.1080/08977190412331279890. PMID 15621726.
3. Marie PJ, Debiais F, Haÿ E (2002). "Regulation of human cranial osteoblast phenotype by FGF-2, FGFR-2 and BMP-2 signaling". Histol. Histopathol. 17 (3): 877–85. PMID 12168799.
4. Khan SN, Lane JM (May 2004). "The use of recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 (rhBMP-2) in orthopaedic applications". Expert Opin Biol Ther 4 (5): 741–8. doi:10.1517/147125188.8.131.521. PMID 15155165.
5. Geiger M, Li RH, Friess W (November 2003). "Collagen sponges for bone regeneration with rhBMP-2". Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev. 55 (12): 1613–29. doi:10.1016/j.addr.2003.08.010. PMID 14623404.