- PN: B114563
45x Ab-conjugated beads (S5P3 - Human IGFBP-3 Ab-bead). PN: B114563A. One vial containing 100 µL of anti-Human IGFBP-3 conjugated to AimPlex Bead S5P3.
25x Biotin-detection (Human IGFBP-3 Biotin-dAb). PN: B114563B. One vial containing 100 µL of biotinylated anti-Human IGFBP-3.
Lyophilized Standard Mix-Human Group 8, Panel A, 7-Plex. PN: HG81007. One vial containing lyophilized recombinant BMP-2, BMP-4, IGFBP-3, IGFBP-5, IGFBP-6, TIMP-1, and TIMP-2. Note: If multiple analyte kits on the above target list are ordered as a panel, only one vial of standard mix is supplied for those analyte kits.
STORAGE: 2-8 C in the dark.
IMPORTANT: Sodium azide forms explosive compounds with heavy metals. These products contain <0.05% (w/w) azide which with repeated contact with lead and copper commonly found in plumbing drains may result in the buildup of shock sensitive compounds. Dispose in accordance with regulations from your institute.
APPLICATION: Optimal antibody pair and antigen standard for assaying human Human IGFBP-3. Can be multiplexed with other analytes in Human Group 8. To be used in conjunction with the AimPlex NR Basic Kit (PN: P100001) and a diluent kit. Refer to the AimPlex Multiplex Immunoassay User Manual and kit inserts for the assay procedure.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Sample types: Cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, bodily fluid and tissue/cell lysate
Sensitivity (LOD): < 5 pg/mL
LLOQ: < 10 pg/mL
ULOQ: > 5,000 pg/mL
Standard dose recovery: 70-130%
Intra-assay CV: < 10%
Inter-assay CV: < 20%
Cross-reactivity of analytes in Human Group 8: Negligible
Sample volume: 15 µL/test
IGFBP-3 is the major IGF binding protein present in serum of humans and animals. It is also present in the alpha granules of platelets. IGFBP-3 shows a similar affinity for IGF-1 and IGF-2. Smaller fragments of IGFBP3 consisting of various C- or N-terminally truncated forms have been described also. IGFBP3 inhibits follicle stimulating hormone. Markedly decreased levels of IGFBP3 are observed in patients with Growth hormone deficiencies (see also: Laron-type dwarfism), while markedly elevated levels are observed in patients with high levels of Growth hormone (acromegaly). In murine fibroblasts the synthesis of IGFBP3 is stimulated by mitogenic growth factors such as Bombesin, Vasopressin, PDGF, and EGF. In human skin fibroblasts the synthesis of IGFBP3 is stimulated by TGF-beta. Diseases associated with IGFBP3 include malignant mesenchymal tumor and marasmus.
1. Baxter RC Glycosaminoglycans inhibit formation of the 140 kDa insulin-like growth factor binding protein complex. Biochemical Journal 271: 773-777 (1990);
2. Conover CA et al Structural and biological characterization of bovine insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3. Endocrinology 127: 2795-2803 (1990);
3. Corps AN and Brown KD Mitogens regulate the production of insulin-like growth factor binding protein by Swiss 3T3 cells. Endocrinology 128: 1057-1064 (1991);
4. deMellow JSM and Baxter RC Growth hormone-dependent insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding protein both inhibits and potentiates IGF1-stimulated DNA synthesis in human skin fibroblasts. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 156: 199-204 (1988);
5. Giudice LC et al Identification of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) and IGFBP-2 in human follicular fluid. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 71: 1330-1338 (1990).