- PN: B115620
45x Ab-conjugated beads (S5P10 - Human MMP-13 Ab-bead). PN: B115620A. One vial containing 100 µL of anti-human MMP-13 conjugated to AimPlex Bead S5P10.
25x Biotin-detection Ab (Human MMP-13 Biotin-dAb). PN: B115620B. One vial containing 100 µL of biotinylated anti- Human MMP-13.
Lyophilized Standard Mix - Human MMP-13. PN: B115620S. One vial containing lyophilized MMP-13.
STORAGE: 2-8 C in the dark.
IMPORTANT: Sodium azide forms explosive compounds with heavy metals. These products contain <0.05% (w/w) azide which with repeated contact with lead and copper commonly found in plumbing drains may result in the buildup of shock sensitive compounds. Dispose in accordance with regulations from your institute.
APPLICATION: Optimal antibody pair and antigen standard for assaying human MMP-13/Collagenase 3 (Total). To be used in conjunction with the AimPlex NR Basic Kit (PN: P100001) and a diluent kit. Refer to the AimPlex Multiplex Immunoassay User Manual and kit inserts for the assay procedure.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Sample types: Cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, bodily fluid and tissue/cell lysate
Sensitivity (LOD): < 100 pg/mL
LLOQ: <200 pg/mL
ULOQ: > 20,000 pg/mL
Standard dose recovery: 70-130%
Intra-assay CV: < 10%
Inter-assay CV: < 20%
Sample volume: 15 µL/test
MMP-13 or Collagenase 3 is a member of the peptidase M10 family of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). Proteins in this family are involved in the breakdown of extracellular matrix in normal physiological processes, such as embryonic development, reproduction, and tissue remodeling, as well as in disease processes, such as arthritis and metastasis. The encoded preproprotein is proteolytically processed to generate the mature protease. This protease cleaves type II collagen more efficiently than types I and III. It may be involved in articular cartilage turnover and cartilage pathophysiology associated with osteoarthritis. Mutations in this gene are associated with metaphyseal anadysplasia. This gene is part of a cluster of MMP genes on chromosome 11.
- Overexpression of MMP13 is associated with clinical outcomes and poor prognosis in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Vincent-Chong VK, et al. ScientificWorldJournal, 2014. PMID 25401159.
- Collagenase-3 expression in periapical lesions: an immunohistochemical study. Bhalla G, et al. Biotech Histochem, 2014 Aug. PMID 24974940.
- Exome sequencing reveals a nonsense mutation in MMP13 as a new cause of autosomal recessive metaphyseal anadysplasia. Li D, et al. Eur J Hum Genet, 2015 Feb. PMID 24781753.
- Immunohistochemical analysis of matrix metalloproteinase-13 in human caries dentin. Loreto C, et al. Eur J Histochem, 2014 Mar 17. PMID 24704999.
- MMP13 mutations are the cause of recessive metaphyseal dysplasia, Spahr type. Bonafé L, et al. Am J Med Genet A, 2014 May. PMID 24648384.