45x Ab-conjugated beads (S5P6- Human Perforin Ab-bead). PN: B111441A. One vial containing 100 µL of anti-human Perforin conjugated to AimPlex Bead S5P6.
25x Biotin-detection Ab (Human Perforin Biotin-dAb). PN: B111441B. One vial containing 100 µL of biotinylated anti- Human Perforin.
Lyophilized Standard Mix - Human Perforin. PN: B111441S. One vial containing lyophilized Perforin.
STORAGE: 2-8 C in the dark.
IMPORTANT: Sodium azide forms explosive compounds with heavy metals. These products contain <0.05% (w/w) azide which with repeated contact with lead and copper commonly found in plumbing drains may result in the buildup of shock sensitive compounds. Dispose in accordance with regulations from your institute.
APPLICATION: Optimal antibody pair and antigen standard for assaying human Perforin. To be used in conjunction with the AimPlex NR Basic Kit (PN: P100001) and a diluent kit. Refer to the AimPlex Multiplex Immunoassay User Manual and kit inserts for the assay procedure.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Sample types: Cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, bodily fluid and tissue/cell lysate
Sensitivity (LOD): < 50 pg/mL
LLOQ: <100 pg/mL
ULOQ: > 50,000 pg/mL
Standard dose recovery: 70-130%
Intra-assay CV: < 10%
Inter-assay CV: < 20%
Sample volume: 15 µL/test
Perforin is a key protein in cytotoxic granules of CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) and Natural Killer cells (NK cells). Upon degranulation, perforin forms pores in target cell membrane allowing diffusion of granzymes into the target cell to induce apoptosis. It involves in immune defense against cancer cells and cells infected with viruses. Lower perforin levels were found in prostate cancer patients comparing to benign prostatic hyperplasia patients. A study found higher perforin levels in epithelial-lining fluid of ex-smoker chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients comparing to controls.
1. Trapani JA. (1996). Target cell apoptosis induced by cytotoxic T cells and natural killer cells involves synergy between the pore-forming protein, perforin, and the serine protease, granzyme B. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Medicine. 25 (6): 793–9. doi:10.1111/j.1445-5994.1995.tb02883.x. PMID 8770355.
2. Thiery J, Keefe D, Boulant S, Boucrot E, Walch M, Martinvalet D, Goping IS, Bleackley RC, Kirchhausen T, Lieberman J (2011). Perforin pores in the endosomal membrane trigger the release of endocytosed granzyme B into the cytosol of target cells. Nat. Immunol. 12 (8): 770–7. doi:10.1038/ni.2050. PMC 3140544. PMID 21685908.
3. Willenbring RC, Johnson AJ. (2017) Finding a Balance between Protection and Pathology: The Dual Role of Perforin in Human Disease. Int J Mol Sci. 18 (8), 1608
4. Mohammadzade J et. al. Comparative study of serum levels of Perforin in Prostate Cancer and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia patients. Journal of Paramedical Sciences. 2013, 4, Supplement ISSN 2008-4978
5. Shiratsuchi N, Asai K, Kanazawa H, et al. Measurement of soluble perforin, a marker of CD8+ T lymphocyte activation in epithelial lining fluid. Respir Med 2011; 105:1885–1890