45x Ab-conjugated beads (S5P7 - Mouse sCD14 Ab-bead). PN: B213331A. One vial containing 100 µL of anti-mouse sCD14 conjugated to AimPlex Bead S5P7.
25x Biotin-detection Ab (Mouse sCD14 Biotin-dAb). PN: B213331B. One vial containing 100 µL of biotinylated anti-mouse sCD14.
Lyophilized Standard Mix - Mouse Group 5 Panel A, 9-Plex. PN: MG5009A. One vial containing lyophilized recombinant sCD10, sCD14, sICAM, sE-selectin, sL-selectin, sP-selectin, sVCAM, sCD30L, and sCD40L. Note: If multiple analyte kits on the above target list are ordered as a panel, only one vial of standard mix is supplied for those analyte kits.
IMPORTANT: Sodium azide forms explosive compounds with heavy metals. These products contain <0.05% (w/w) azide which with repeated contact with lead and copper commonly found in plumbing drains may result in the buildup of shock sensitive compounds. Dispose in accordance with regulations from your institute.
APPLICATION: Optimal antibody pair and antigen standard for assaying human Mouse CD14/sCD14. Can be multiplexed with other analytes in Mouse Group 5. To be used in conjunction with the AimPlex Mouse/Rat Basic Kit (PN: P200201) and a diluent kit. Refer to the AimPlex Multiplex Immunoassay User Manual and kit inserts for the assay procedure.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Sample types: Cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, bodily fluid and tissue/cell lysate
Sensitivity (LOD): < 50 pg/mL
LLOQ: < 100 pg/mL
ULOQ: > 20,000 pg/mL
Standard dose recovery: 70-130%
Intra-assay CV: < 10%
Inter-assay CV: < 20%
Cross-reactivity of analytes in Mouse Group 5: Negligible
Sample volume: 15 µL/test
CD14 acts as a co-receptor (along with the Toll-like receptor TLR 4 and MD-2) for the detection of bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS). CD14 can bind LPS only in the presence of lipopolysaccharide-binding protein (LBP). Although LPS is considered its main ligand, CD14 also recognizes other pathogen-associated molecular patterns such as lipoteichoic acid. CD14 is expressed mainly by macrophages and (at 10-times lesser extent) by neutrophils. It is also expressed by dendritic cells. The soluble form of the receptor (sCD14) is secreted by the liver and monocytes and is sufficient in low concentrations to confer LPS-responsiveness to cells not expressing CD14. mCD14 and sCD14 are also present on enterocytes. sCD14 is also present in human milk, where it is believed to regulate microbial growth in the infant gut.
1. Setoguchi M, Nasu N, Yoshida S, Higuchi Y, Akizuki S, Yamamoto S (July 1989). "Mouse and human CD14 (myeloid cell-specific leucine-rich glycoprotein) primary structure deduced from cDNA clones". Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1008 (2): 213–22. doi:10.1016/0167-4781(80)90012-3. PMID 2472171.
2. Simmons DL, Tan S, Tenen DG, Nicholson-Weller A, Seed B (1 January 1989). "Monocyte antigen CD14 is a phospholipid anchored membrane protein". Blood 73 (1): 284–9. PMID 2462937.
3. Kirkland TN, Viriyakosol S (1998). "Structure-function analysis of soluble and membrane-bound CD14". Prog. Clin. Biol. Res. 397: 79–87. PMID 9575549.
4. Kelley SL, Lukk T, Nair SK, Tapping, RI (2013). "The Crystal Structure of Human Soluble CD14 Reveals a Bent Solenoid with a Hydrophobic Amino-Terminal Pocket". Journal of Immunology 190 (3): 1304–1311. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.1202446. PMID 23264655.
5. CD14 Is Expressed and Released as Soluble CD14 by Human Intestinal Epithelial Cells In Vitro: Lipopolysaccharide Activation of Epithelial Cells Revisited".